Monday, September 13, 2004

Assault Weapons Ban

So, the assualt weapons ban will expire today. As a proponent of the second amendment (I'm from Texas, how could I not be?), I say great! In reality, it doesn't mean much.
The weapons and magazines that were 'banned' have been available throughout the last ten years. Large capacity magazines are plentiful at my local gun shop and at many gunshows in the area. The assault rifles are always on display, although the ban has inflated the price.
Candidate Kerry, mentioned last week that as a hunter (I'm sorry I do not have the exact quote) that he has never hunted with an assualt rifle. An assault rifle is the only rifle I own. When I go hunting, that's what I take. It is very accurate and, being gas operated, very comfortable to shoot.
Don't knock it until you try it, John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Web
Law Notes