Friday, September 17, 2004

A Week in the Life of a Law Student

Another week. Man, this seems to go so slow. I just want to get through this.

Wednesday:
ConLaw was very good tonight. We actually had a constructive class. We are discussing Congressional Power. It seems kind of scary that a treaty is somewhat of an endrun around the 10th amendment and other Congressional limits. My life has been just fine before I knew this little tidbit, so hopefully...
Evidence is great. We have a great professor. Ex-trial lawyer/Dean of several law schools. This class has really peaked my interest in litigation.

Thursday:
Work is going very smooth this week. It is allowing me put most of my mental resources into school.
Texas Pre-trial is still interesting. We have covered the specific pleadings this week. No general demurrers here in Texas, but special exceptions to the pleadings. Good Stuff!

Friday:
Short day at work. I have my first meeting with the Bar association in my area. I hope to make strong contacts. Little networking here. Work from home after that.

This weekend: Company picnic! HOT! HUMID! Older son has skatingboarding competition this Saturday. Good Luck, Stephen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Web
Law Notes